Tuesday, September 25, 2012

4 weeks to go!

Everything is progressing normally so far! yay!

I've gained 14 lbs or 1 stone thus far and the baby is measuring perfectly. She's currently breech, but that changes from day to day. My hope is that soon she gets head down and stays that way. I'm all scheduled at the Edgware Birthing Centre and I cant wait to go into labour. I'm ready to have this baby. While I have enjoyed the pregnancy, I'm ready for the next chapter...

In other pregnancy news, my breasts are leaking milk at random times, which is exciting- not- but I did find some fab washable breast pads which are working fantastically! I'm still stretch mark free which is SUPER EXCITING, i'm hoping it's my lotion and potion ritual. The baby is incredibly active. ALL DAY LONG. They generally say that at this point in the pregnancy you will feel the baby moving less and less because there is less room- well I'm here to tell you that hasn't been true for me, or many others that I've talked to. I still don't have any indigestion or heartburn, but I do get incredibly uncomfortable the longer I sit still. For me, the trick to solving this issue is to move around, go for a walk, etc.... unless it's late at night in which case I just try to go to sleep. I'm sleeping well and waking early but rested. I started my maternity leave on friday and have managed to paint 3 canvasses for the baby's room, two for the dining room and one for our bedroom, in addition to painting the fireplace mantel to give it a new lease on life.... I've also made 2 gallons of body wash for the baby, a gallon of body wash for us, a gallon of hand soap, and two gallons of laundry detergent. it's all free from toxins and dangerous chemicals and I love the way it rinses clean, leaves my skin soft and is free from perfumey-ness. I've also grown quite addicted to pinterest, hence all the projects of the last few days. So, this is nesting..... ??


2 comments:

  1. Hey!!! Not long now :0)

    Quick question - you say in an early post that if you had of been tracking CM and just using the OPK's and not the monitor you'd have missed ovulation by a week... How??? I'm worried we are missing it now as we are using OPK's and inseminate day before smiley, day of and day after, are we wrong xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I should say it's different for everyone, but I was getting CM 3 days or so after ovulation (I just didn't know that it was AFTER until I used the monitor), and after about 5 months of the OPK sticks it seemed that my results were indicating CM day was O day- but sometimes smiley day would last 2-4 days- which is a bit weird... I'm not sure why it predicted that way, but I have since talked to others who had similar experiences.
    I eventually just bought the monitor the month we were going to begin insem's- and sure enough when I did it in conjunction with the OPK and CM, I found that the CB monitor was showing O a week earlier than the OPK and CM. Since I got pregnant on the first attempt, I wasn't aware at the time which one was correct, but I only did the insem according to the monitor, so that must have been the right one. I hadn't read a lot about women having CM after ovulation, but it seems that's what was happening with me because right on cue my CM showed up after insem and O day, and according to the OPK stick I was ovulating again 4 days after we had inseminated (however, the monitor showed that I wasn't ovulating anymore). Initially I took it as a sign that it hadn't worked and we had missed our window, but luckily it just seems the sticks were wrong, for me.
    I swear by the monitor now, it just seemed more accurate in my case.
    best of luck to you and your partner!
    xx
    C.

    ReplyDelete