Friday, July 20, 2012

27 weeks tomorrow!

In the last three weeks we finally moved house. We haven't had internet or phone since the 3rd of july, but we are officially back on the grid in the technological age! Hallelujah!

Earlier this week I had a terrible toothache. I had previously gone to the dentist about this tooth but since I was 4 months pregnant at the time she didn't want to do an xray. Yesterday however when I finally managed to get an emergency appointment they did an xray and told me the tooth has a raging infection and can't be saved. So, sadly, a few hours ago I had the tooth extracted. WITHOUT any anesthetic. and it HURT. I'm now practicing my pain management and encouraging my partner to do some practice hypnobirthing on me later today. A little practice at channeling this pain can't be a bad thing right?

I had a midwife appointment on Monday since I'm preparing to fly to the USA on the 23rd and will be gone for an entire month. So far I've gained 7 lbs and the baby is measuring perfectly and has a healthy heartbeat- so I'm officially fit for travel! Fantastic!! I've got my super attractive compression socks and all my comfortable travel clothes all laid out for the big day. I can't wait to arrive at the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival- that's the event I look forward to all year and now that it's finally drawing closer, I'm even more excited that it will be a part of my pregnancy. Last year I told my fellow workers that there was a good chance I'd be up to 6 months pregnant this year, not knowing if I'd have the beginners luck that I ultimately had, but sure enough the universe saw to it and here I am embarking on yet another festival and this time with child!! Next year will be even more amazing as she'll be nearly 9 months old and experiencing it for herself!


No comments:

Post a Comment